To conserve, protect and restore the UAE marine resources by empathizing and promoting the marine environment and environmental diving.
Emirates Diving Association (EDA) was established by Federal Decree No. (23) Under Article No. (21) on 23/02/1995 and chose Dubai as its base.
The Decree stipulates the following responsibilities for EDA:
- Legislate all diving activities in the UAE.
- Ensure environmentally respectful diving practices in all EDA members.
- Promote and support the diving industry within the UAE by coordinating the efforts of the diving community.
- Promote diving safety in the commercial and recreational diving fields through standardization of practices.
- Promote and preserve historical aspects of diving within the gulf region and enhance environmental education to diving and non-diving communities through EDA activities.