Alpha Diving Club
Born To Dive
Desert Sports Diving Club
Dubai Voluntary Diving Team
The Dubai Voluntary Diving Team was established in Dubai in 1995 by a small group of fishermen and divers. From 1998 to 2012, the team was known as DXB Diving and the team was made up of a group of young local fishermen, confined to cleaning fishing sites in Dubai. Since 2013, the team name was changed to the Dubai Voluntary Diving Team due to the expansion of the team activities and number of volunteer divers.
The team participates in the following environmental events and activities:
- World Environmental Day
- UAE National Day
- Dubai Summer Festival
- Volunteer as an Emergency Response to Dubai Authorities
- Environmental Awareness Activities
The team continues to volunteer in the UAE by cleaning dive sites from harmful objects which impact the environment. The team consists of both male and female divers from several nationalities, most of which are citizens of the United Arab Emirates and from several international diving organisations such as PADI and NAUI. The team welcomes any licensed diver who wants to volunteer and participate with the team (conditions apply).
- Spread the culture of volunteerism
- Deploy environmental awareness amongst divers and non-divers
- Search and recovery
- Clean and remove harmful objects from the marine environment
- Participation in environmental campaigns and events
- Work for the Environmental Initiatives
- Coordinate with official authorities by providing volunteers in case of accidents and any environmental events if necessary
To be a worldwide participating voluntary team to help others and protect and preserve the environment’s marine life.
"Volunteer for a clean and safe marine environment!"